City Press and Tafelberg Publishers run an annual competition for writers of non-fiction work, where the winner receives R60 000 to fund the research and writing of their book.
Are you planning to write a book dealing with a subject of importance in the South African context? Then read further …
The submissions for the 2015 City Press Non-Fiction Prize are now open, with the closing date being 30 April 2014.
Criteria for the City Press Non-Fiction Award
- Relevance: The book should add to our understanding of South African society, history and politics
- Independence: It should be unafraid to investigate uncomfortable or difficult issues
- Credibility: The quality of the research and information should be impeccable
- Readability: The book should be accessible with good quality writing
Applications by authors should include:
- A one page motivation of why the topic of the proposed book is relevant or significant to the South African context;
- Draft table of contents;
- At least one chapter;
- Author CV;
- Submissions must be received by 30 April 2014
Click HERE to download the entry form from Tafelberg’s website.